Friday, February 17, 2012

What did you do today?

So a few things happened today.

First Tim Wakefield retired from baseball after 19 seasons.  My hat's off to you, master of the knuckle baller, for a great career and being the sportsman you have been.  Thank you from a tried and true Sox fan.  Good Luck!

Second, we as parents have hit another parental milestone; witnessed a passage of rites that only select few parents get to witness.  Bayly has given herself a haircut.  Her hair was obviously too long and needed to be trimmed.  So who better to do it than her?  Her mother always said, if you want something done right, do it yourself.  So I guess my daughter is taking initiative to get things done right.  Right?  Her new look doesn't look bad.  Honestly you can't even notice she chopped a clump of hair off.  Not like the time I did the same thing.  I had cut a sizable portion of hair out of the front of my hair, only to leave avoid similar to missing a tooth.  Front and center where no one could look away.  I remember being reprimanded rather sternly by my mother.  After Bayly was told what she did was wrong, I think she got off rather nicely.  My how times have changed.  Kids these days have it so easy.  (I feel like my father saying that-well he never said that, but it's something a fantasy father would say)

The third thing happened yesterday, but it still counts.  Gary Carter died of brain cancer.  Now why would I, a Red Sox fan, care if Gary Carter, a Met partly responsible for the 1986 World Series victory, has died.  Wouldn't I be happy, you may ask.  Not at all.  When I was a kid and collected baseball cards, one of my favorite cards was of Mr. Carter.  I do not know why?  I can't even begin to tell you how or why I was drawn to the catcher of the Mets.  But he was a favorite nonetheless.  And I was saddened to hear of his brain tumor and even more saddened of his passing.  I guess I just love baseball and good, all-around baseball players.  NOT head-cases or prima donnas.

Fourth hasen't happened yet, but it will happen soon.  My wife and I are going out on a date.  We have a sitter.  Its gonna be a good night.  Sure the kids are asleep already and it will be the easiest babysitting gig in the history of babysitting, but its a night out for me and my beautiful bride.  Don't be jealous (I'm sure your're not), but some alone time with my wife, in a bar, listening to a band is better than sitting in front of the TV.

Fifth, it doesn't matter because there isn't a fifth.


No comments:

Post a Comment