Monday, February 20, 2012

Trying to please my audience

It has come to my attention that some of my readers might think I treat my children unfairly.  I think they get treated just fine.  Besides, they get a roof over their heads, three nutritious, warm meals, heat AND hot water, not to mention a hug and a kiss once in a while.  I'm sure I am going to have to send them to some sort of higher education and foot the bill for some part of wedding or civil union (hey, whatever makes em happy).  How much nicer do I have to be?  Do I have to wipe their bottom's too?  After all, I had to walk to school, up hill both ways, in three feet of snow, with holes in my shoes.  These kids have it made!

Sarcasm doesn't translate well on paper, or in written word (or even typed word).  I would never harm my children, intentionally or otherwise.  So if you think what I write comes across as hurtful to my kids, that is not the case.  And if you readers who know me think that, then you really don't know me.  I have a hard time curbing my inner sarcasm, I blame my parents.  To me, what I write is funny.  My analogies are amusing to ME, and if it amuses someone else, then it was worth it.  And if you aren't amused, I am sorry.  Maybe you will get it.  Maybe you won't.  Good luck.

The moral of this blog is not to read too much into what I write.  I started this blog to amuse myself, kill time, and share the kooky things my kids do.  I may rant.  I may rave.  I may brag.  And I may bitch.  But remember, I do it all with a sarcastic glow.  Read on with caution.


On a totally different note, Bayly was just doing the Robot.  She wasn't that caught up in Kids Yoga and dove right into the Robot.

Yoga Kids is dedicated to Artie the Buda Kitty.  In case you were wondering.  I know you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment