Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Feb is the time to hate snow/Sounds

Every year, around this time, I start to get sick of winter.  And this year is no different.  One would think that since we didn't get much snow, a self proclaimed snow lover would be in his glory when we finally got the white stuff.  Alas, this is not the case.  I think its time for spring and I think the kids are on the same wavelength.  We are all sick of being cooped up in the house.  Sure, they run around and make a disaster out of every room that would make FEMA proud, but deep down, all they want to do is run free in the yard, with the wind in their hair, sun sining on their skin.  I know the day will come when it will be possible to be outside from sun up to sun down, but that day is not today.  I guess we just have to wait.

While I am writing, I was thinking of sounds I love today while I was in the shower.  I do all of my best thinking while I cleanse myself, which is where I do most of my pre-blogging brainstorming.  Call me a dork if you like.  At least I'm using my brain.

Anyway, sounds that I love:

I love when I get out of the bathroom every morning, after I shower, Cali says "Hi Daddy!" as excited as could be.  You'd think we havent seen each other in years.

I love when I walk in the door and the girls come running, while screaming, to greet me.  While this isn't an everyday occurrence, and it may burst your eardrums, its still nice.

I love hearing each of my children laugh uncontrollably.  Usually its my fault, or better yet the Tickle Monster.  It is an infectious laugh, you can't help yourself but to smile.

I love the sound of quietness when you go in to check on them at night.  So, I love the sound of no sound. I believe many parents are with me on this one.

I love a good low end sound in music.  While this has nothing to do with my kids, I love a good bass sound, and good drum sounds.  That is what makes a good song.  (unrelated to anything of importance here)

I love the sound of my kids singing.  They may sing JB songs.  They may sing silly children's songs.  They may sing nonsense song made up off the cuff.  They may not sing them well.  But its the sound of happiness of a child.


I love the sound of the ocean.  Again, not kid related, but its my list.  Back off!


I love the sound of my kids when they are happy.  Because when they are happy, I am happy.  And when I am happy, things seem to go smoother.  While this may not happen often, when it does happen, boy is it nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment