Monday, February 6, 2012

I'm a newbie

So my friends thought I should start a blog since I have entered the realm of being a (cue dramatic music and cinematic entrance) "Stay At Home Dad!"  While I have never blogged before, I am willing to give it a try.  It may suck big toes.  It may rock like AC/DC.  We shall see.  It may just turn out to be an account of the crazy things my kids do to me each and every day.  I will try to be entertaining, but few will get joy out of it unless they are, in fact, parents.

I currently have two beautiful girls, ages 4 and a half and almost 2.  My wife keeps not so subtly hinting that she feels the desire to have a third.  Something about a hole in her heart for a third child.  I have tried to talk her off the ledge of another "joyous" pregnancy by reminding her of all the ailments that popped up with the last two.  No luck with that approach.  I once had a friend that said that women forget what pregnancy felt like the second the baby is out and will repress those feelings until the next one is on its way out.  This friend is very wise and should go on tour spreading her truths to other women who one day would like to have more than one child.  In all truthfulness, the thought of a third doesn't strike fear into my heart as it once has.  Sure, the normal "Who is going to pay for this rugrat?", "Who is going to watch the kid?", "Do we really want to go through diapers AGAIN?" thoughts pop up.  But since I am now Mr. Mom/Dad Extroidinare it is kind of growing on me.  I would like to do something else.  But it is also the first day of Stay At Home Dad-dom, so I may not be thinking all that clearly.  Ask me again in a month or so.

Until then, I will try to teach the kids something worthwhile and stay up to date on the chores.  Maybe I will teach them to fold laundry to begin with...

No comments:

Post a Comment