Friday, March 30, 2012

Indian Winter

Its been so long since I have blogged, I figured I would do two tonight to make up for lost time.  (this is the second)

The other day, Cali and I were playing with her shape sorter.  I was trying to teach her shapes and colors. It reminded me of the time when Bayly and I did the same thing.  Its funny how they get fixated on certain shapes.  And its not easy shapes; not square, circle or rectangle.  Bayly's favorite shapes were diamond and oval.  It is seeming like Cali's favorite if a crescent, with the triangle gaining ground.  Shapes?  Sure my kids know shapes.  And not just your everyday, borring shapes.  They know cool shapes.  Crescent?  Check.  Semi-circle?  Check.  Square?  Not so much.  Circle?  I'll get back to you.  (Totally just joke.  She's got a few of these.)

When I talked about getting serious about teaching Cali the shapes, Bayly turned to me and told me not to teach her the tough ones yet.  "Ya know, like rectangle prism and cone."  I don't even think I could tell you what a rectangle prism is.  I knew it at one time, but that time was many moons ago.  Needless to say, Cali is still working on the basic shapes.  Someday soon we will branch out into the weird land of shapes like rhombus', cubes, and parallelograms.

Living in New Enland, we are never surprised about the weather.  "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes."  Now it seems we are in an Indian Winter.  (Very similar to an Indian Summer, just its winter's repeat performance)  While there was minimal snow this year, and gratefully so after the endless dumpings of the white stuff that we got, the sky is forecasted to drop some of the white stuff on us this evening.  This after the week of 70 degree days, my tulips and daffodils came up, and started my seeds (in pots) for my garden.  Now I can barely have them outside to sunbathe; its too damn cold.  And don't get me started on golf.  I played 18 holes at Torrey Pines last night.  Yup.  The weather got us golf types all hyped up for the season.  Now we are relegated to playing a simulated course in an old grocery store.  I did shoot a 112.  I'm not sure I should print that.  Its a pretty bad score.  It was a tough course, simulated or not.  That's my story!




No comments:

Post a Comment