Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Ramble on, and on, and on

Again, it has been some time since my last post.  I apologize to ally of my loyal readers.  I get busy with the kids; they tire me right out.  And some days I just don't feel I have anything witty to say.  Plenty happened today and hopefully I can translate it into something enjoyable to read.  I will try.

Today started like any other day.  Wake up, make breakfast for myself and the kiddies, make Bayly's lunch, and ship off to school.  On the way, I noticed the car pulling to the left.  I just shrugged it off to badly worn tires and a much needed alignment, all of which are in the cards for the near future.  Drop off goes well, like most mornings.  But you would have never known it was going to.  Some mornings the girls push, and push hard.  If I'm lucky, it will be only one.  If I'm really lucky, they both will be in the pushing mood.  Luckily it was only one today, but she wasn't into a full on pushing match.  Just the normal four and a half year old pushing.  But I am getting off topic a little....

While I was leaving my child in the very capable hands of daycare, I was informed by another parent that the truck over there has a flat tire.  Oh, that truck?  You mean, My truck?  Sweet.  I go check out the severity of the flat to see if I can limp home on the hopefully not-so round rubber thing.  No so much.  As I gather my thoughts to try to remember where my jack, tools, and spare are located, I realize that both car seats have to come out; more of an inconvenience but still annoying.  I locate all the necessary tools and start on the task of changing a tire.  I have no problem with changing or even rotating tires, I just prefer to do it in my driveway and not in the parking lot of the daycare.  The good samaritan who clued me into the fact that one of my tires was no longer in the business of holding air, was good enough to help.  He is a friend, but I think he would have helped a complete stranger if he was put into that situation.  No random act of kindness for this fellow; just acts of kindness.  (Sorry, rambling and off topic again.  I will try to not let it happen again.)

Tire gets changed, pack up the other child to go home and find my new and improved round rubber rings.  I find that I can get them for less through one of those dot com's and I can save on the shipping if I go pick them up.  A perfect way to spend the afternoon.

As promised, I will not ramble on off topic and will cut to the chase.  The kids, the young one usually has no problem falling asleep in the car, do not sleep for more than a quarter of the trip, ONE WAY.  This translates to a cranky, ornery two year old.  I can deal with that, she'll have to go to bed a little earlier.  It would have been better if she ate any of the potato leek soup I made for dinner, but that was just asking for too much.  I thought I did a good job on the soup, but both kids didn't buy my culinary skills.  Oh well.  What do they know?  At least they got something to eat. And dessert.  Without eating all of their dinner.

Kids these days have it so easy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment