Sunday, March 4, 2012

Rush hugs??

To fill my "me" time (I try to do things I want to do to keep my sanity), I was looking to join another band.  Just something to do, something fun.  I did audition for a band, but I think I will pass on it.  I did fairly well, but I don't think its the right fit for me.  Maybe I am getting old.  Or maybe my musical tastes have changed after I've been rocking out to mid-tempo Americana tunes.  But I just couldn't bring myself to play music that I don't respect.  Why cover a song that I don't think is that good anyway?  And smelling like smoke isn't an aphrodisiac for me.  

When I am not in "me time" mode, the kids and I find ways to fill our days.  Usually its laundry and housework.  Sometimes its fun little outings.  Occasionally its lunch out.  But most of the time I, we hang around the house and play.  Not a bad gig at all.  While I was filling my "me" time today, I expected to return home to my lovely wife all frazzled, the house a disaster, and the patients running the asylum.  I walked in the door to find none of the above.  All of my beautiful ladies were doing crafts at the table, the house was in reasonable disarray, and there were no frazzles to be found.  The girls were well behaved.  Some days the stars and planets align, the seas part, dogs and cats get along, Rush Limbaugh hugs a hippie (well maybe not, but you get the picture).  Today was one of those day.  Come to think of it, I don't think there was a big blow up about nothing today.  Yes today was a good day.  Now we just hope the alignment stays for a while.  The hippies need the hugs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment