Tuesday, June 17, 2014

We have a roller!

Since I was last in touch with all of you, things have happened.  Sunday was Father's Day here in the good ole U S of A.  (It could have been it other parts of the world, I just don't know definitively) I was treated to a day of golf and some lovely cards from the family.  The golf has become sort of an annual traditions for my father, father in-law, brother in-law and whatever father/son teams we can drum up.  It is a nice break from the daily SAHD life (for me).  I wish I could have played better and won some money for team Hoehne, but that wasn't in the cards.  Oh well.  At least it was a beautiful day.  

So on or about the 8th tee box my phone starts going crazy.  So I look down and see my Twitter account has some action.  Now I haven't even looked at the Tweet machine in quite some time.  So I wrote if off as spam.  Then another one.  And another.  I could have looked to see what all the commotion was, but screw that.  I'm playing golf.  Or trying to.  (we use the Quota point system so we are all on an even playing field.  In a nut shell, you get 1 point for a bogey, 2 for a par, 4 for a birdie and so on.  And I had yet to score a single point.  And it was the 8th hole.  My golf game was lacking.)  

Fast forward to Monday afternoon when I get a chance (or finally remembered to look) to see what all the hub-bub was about.  I was a featured dad on Dad's in the limelight series by a fellow blogger @dadofdivas.  His mission: "Being a Dad is hard work and the Dads in the Dads in the Limelight Series are doing an amazing job balancing life and fatherhood on a daily basis."  He had reached out to me a few months back inquiring about my participation in his project.  He sent me some questions that I gladly answered.  Almost as soon as I was finished, I forgot all about it.  When I looked, I was reminded of my insightful answers and it all came running back to me.  "I remember that thing I did."  What this fine gentleman did was feature me on Father's Day; when the world is searching the interweb for all things "Dad."  (or so I hoped.)  He even left in the link to this fine and worldly blog.  (shoutout to all the European readers.  Thanks!)  To say it was an honor is an understatement.  Even if no one outside of my Facebook friends read it (because I bombarded them with the link) it was nice to be recognized.  I  was a celebrity, even in my own mind, for a day.   So to thank him I ask all of you to head over to the Dad's Of Divas web site.  Poke around.  Read what his is up to.  Follow his blog.  Or just be a Peeping Tom, lurking from the bushes.  But if you all could give his site some traffic that would be penny in the wishing well of thanks.  

Back to the title of this post.  

Yesterday the littlest offspring was playing on her playmat, as she does most days.  Hey, it quietly entertains her and lets me get other things done.  But this time I happened to be sitting next to her, prime seats for the milestone show.  She had been hinting at rolling over, getting onto her side only to fall back to her back.  But last night she made the leap to adulthood.  She went right over to her tummy.  That's rolling back to front! (Keep your stories of you kid rolling over back to front/front to back like a barrel at 4 months.  She isn't that advanced yet, but soon.  She's only 12 weeks.  Get off my back and let me have this on little thing, at least for one minute).  Of course once she was on her stomach and got bored of the lack of scenery to gaze at she became annoyed.  So I flipped her back over.  Then it happened again.  Flipped back.  And again.  

So there you have it.  My child is now (semi) mobile.  I guess this is just a primer for the crawling stage.  And/or the walking/running stage (I'm telling you she's advanced.  She might not crawl and go right for the jugular and walk right on out of here).   So if you see me grinning from ear to ear, or just looking tired and tattered from rolling an infant back every so often, you'll know why. 

No comments:

Post a Comment