Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Perhaps I was a little over zealous

SO its been a few days since the last post.  Hey, I'm slowly getting back on this horse.  Rome wasn't rebuilt in one day - or something like that.....

Sometimes I feel the need to pass the time on the interweb and look for jobs.  Not that I need a job, per say, but it fills a curiosity that I could find a suitable job.  That is until I start looking.  There isn't much out there.  Granted I am not looking for a retail job or some other mindless, mundane job.  I am looking for something I will be passionate about.  I have spent too many years of my "adult" life doing a job that didn't do anything for me other than a paycheck.  If I am looking, I want something that I will enjoy, fulfill me creatively, and put food on the table.  (Now I don't want anyone offering me a job for food - its just a figure of speech!)  And since those job are dwindling the search continues, so to speak.

Which brings up another related topic:  What to do when the kids are in school full time.  A whole six hours just by myself?  What to do?  I'm sure after laundry, shopping, faux-job searches, cleaning, errands, goofing off, playing with the kids toys, gym (yea....  right....  the gym.....  isn't that the place downtown with lots of strange weights and things??), and whatever else may come up I will be hard pressed to find free time.  Perhaps I should find something I can do at home that won't take too much of my time.  Who are we kidding?  Anything undertaking I assume will take all of my attention.  That is until something shiny comes along......

The other day I read an article in the local newspaper about a luthier (guitar maker).  This fella, an accomplished musician started making guitars in his basement with his father.  Now I am not an accomplished guitar player, or can play much on the guitar, but I thought I could make my own, custom drums.  I know you can get drum shells from wherever, but I wanted to make my own drums from scratch.  A little internet research later, I found a few links for such an endeavor, but then came along that shiny thing again.  Hey, I am a drummer after all.......

Maybe someday I will start making my own drums.  Maybe someday I will find the time.  Maybe someday I will find something to do when the kids are in school.  But until that day arrives my full time job is my kids.  And we all know that is more than a full time gig.



No comments:

Post a Comment