Tuesday, November 26, 2013

'Tis the Season of Thankfulness

The time of year has come around again where people in America look back and reflect on the things that they are thankful for.  So here is this year's list of Things To Be Thankful For:

I am thankful some rogue Bastards decided to get out of Dodge (Britain) and start anew in an uncharted territory many, many decades ago.  (Sorry English readers but without you we wouldn't be the United States of America.  So I guess this post is your fault.  THANKS!)

I am thankful for my family.  My two angelic (most of the time) little girls and I am thankful for the unnamed, unsexed (at least to us) little addition to our family.

I am thankful for my wife, who works tirelessly at her ever demanding job so I have the opportunity to stay home, raise our children and goof off.  (Honey, disregard this line.  I work hard, really, really hard all day.  Just don't come home unannounced.  I may be knee-deep in laundry or YouTube videos of cats, dogs, or drummers, or building Legos while the kids "try" to help.)

I am thankful for my health, even if it hurts to walk down stairs on my 33 years-young legs as they creek and ache.  And thankful SUSAC's Syndrome is self limiting.  Screw you auto-immune syndrome.  I showed you!

I am thankful for all four seasons we experience here in New England.  Thankful I get to work outside tending to our garden and mowing my lawn (to keep my sanity mostly).

I am thankful for our extended family of friends and family.  Without them my life would be boring and uneventful.

I am thankful for my band, even if I am just a hired hand, with a gig every quarter, if we're lucky.  I am thankful I get to do something I love and am passionate about.

I am regretfully thankful for the changing of the seasons.  It's just too damn cold this fall.

I am thankful for everyone I have ever met.  Ever person that has come into my life has left a mark on me; good, bad or indifferent, you have left your mark.

I am thankful for every day I wake up, refreshed or not.  Though I awake more refreshed than my counterpart.  Her side of the bed just happens to be closer to the door.  I'm thankful she takes the brunt of the kid's nighttime visits to our bed.

I am thankful for laughter because without it we all would have gone crazy long ago.

Well, there it is.  The list of things I am thankful for this year.  By all means, it is not complete.  It is just a start.  What to do you expect?  I just scribbled this in 10 minutes.  Get off my back.


No comments:

Post a Comment